Thursday, January 6, 2011

Copa del Rey

     Any club team's ultimate success would be to win the Champions League, a tournament with all the best clubs in Europe, the country's individual league, and the country's individual cup. The main difference between the cup and the league is the process of selecting the winner. In the league, the winner is chosen from a system of points after every team has played each other twice. In the cup, teams are eliminated one by one, head to head.
     This year, Barcelona and Real Madrid seem to be matched-up by destiny. In all three competitions, they are the favorite teams, and potentially could be disputed between these two teams. They could end up playing in the finals for both the Champions League and the cup, La Copa del Rey (the King's Cup). With this stringent schedule, a regular team will play up to two games a week traveling all over Europe and their individual countries. Barcelona won all three tournaments two years ago. Jose Mourihno, Madrid's head coach, won all three competitions last year with Inter de Milan.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited to see the final match for both the league and the king's cup. I'm a huge Barcelona fan and I'm currently convincing my dad to see if he can take me to watch it live. So far it's not going very well but if I persist perhaps he will submit to my demands.

    ReplyDelete